Getting a bunch of stuff finished that needed to be finished.
Like, a custom order:
Bee Blocks for the do.Good Stitches Bee. These have gotten me well re-acquainted with my seam ripper. I'm finding it impossible to get the points to meet in the center like the example in Ashley's tutorial. I am not sure if I am sending these in or attempting the 4th and 5th try (no, you don't want to see the first attempt).
I also made my aunt a purse. She requested a new one and I couldn't even remember the one I made her a few years ago, but she likes it to be over the shoulder & small to take to the beach with just the necessities. Oh, and Lilly Pulitzer fabric, of course!
I've also tried another knitting project. I always love when I see handmade sweaters, but I've never gotten beyond scarves (and they bore me after about 3 rows). This time I branched out a little bit with some new to me stitches & so far I am enjoying it. It's the washcloth from this book.
I really want to make the cardigan on the book cover, but I guess I'd need more skills and a baby to wear it!
Oh, and we also had some friends in from out of town, so I cooked dinner Saturday night. Yum, lobster, lemon risotto and roasted brocollini.
I really felt like a slacker, there are so many projects I want to get started on, but I'm a little under the weather and not as energetic as usual, but the pictures are making me feel like I'm doing slightly better than I thought. Except those bee blocks. Those are really messing with my sewing mojo.