Castle Peeps Log Cabin Quilt


I've had the idea for this quilt in my head for quite a while, but couldn't find a coordinating backing fabric I liked.  Then I found this fun one from Pillow & Maxfied Crisscross in Delft.  I just knew it would be perfect and I love it mixed in with Lizzy House's Castle Peeps!


I did this log cabin style quilt in a quilt as you go method.  I cut a 44" square piece for the backing & spray basted it to a 44" square piece of batting.  From there I figured out the center and spray basted the 12" square there.  I just used strips to sew around the central square in log cabin fashion, quilting and piecing simultaneously.  I quilted a little pattern from the backing fabric on the center square.


I am pretty happy with the color and composition.  Love those yellow flags!  But, my sewing was not so great!  I didn't realize I had some scant seams until I washed it and they pulled apart.  That's the one bad thing with this kind of quilt as you go, since you don't really see the whole seam, you don't notice anything like that until it's too late.  I fixed them, but feel like it's not quite good enough to sell on etsy.

I did, however, manage to get a little baby set listed on etsy with some sweet little japanese woodland fabric:

 I think I am going to try another quilt in this manner now that I've learned some lessons. I was also toying with the idea of a sew along.  Any interest?

Comments

Popular Posts