Dream On Decisions

If you ever look on my sidebar, I have a list of things I want to make.  One of them is an octagon quilt, made using the Nest pattern by Tula Pink.  I have a jelly roll and a layer cake from the Dream On line by Urban Chiks for Moda Fabrics.  I love the vintage look of these fabrics and have wanted to make myself a large quilt to lay on the grass and have picnics on.  I realized my fabric actually worked really well with the requirements for the pattern and today while Will was in his crib talking about how he would not be napping today I cut the fabric for it.  I can see why the pre-cut fabrics are rather popular, it was quick work!


I added an extra row because I had enough fabric for it and I want this quilt to be big.  After finding a pleasing arrangement it occurred to me that I might like framed blocks just like this, maybe with some white sashing between them, instead of the original octagon idea.


What do you think?  I'm going to take few days to figure it out before I start sewing...

Comments

  1. Well, I happen to like them better as squares, since you asked. It's a simply, sweet look that's not too fussy and feels right for picnics =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts