Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long Week Three

 It's time for my weekly update on the FWQAL.  Since everyone else is on Week 8, I am still playing catch up and got six blocks made this week bringing my total up to 16!  Meaning, I'm caught up.  Woohoo! Now I can go at the leisurely pace of two blocks a week. 

I attribute the progress to renewed enthusiasm from breaking out of my "green/aqua highlighted with orange" scheme.  I decided to add pink and the additional fabrics this allowed made the blocks much more fun.

First is [15] Buzzard's Roost.  The Heather Ross Princess & the Pea with pink & orange was why I had to finally break out of the old color scheme.  Pink is from Amy Butler Midwest Modern, Fountains.


Up next is [11] Broken Dishes.  Had a hard time picking the fabric but really liked the light & dark aquas.

[12] Broken Sugar Bowl with some HR Spoonflower gnomes and pink Moda Sunkissed.

[13]Buckwheat.  This block involved a lot of seam ripping.  And when I photographed it I realized it is still not right.  I am going to have to take it apart again (can you see the two half square triangles on the top left are flipped?).  I really do like the design, though! Farmdale aqua, pink Sandy Henderson Henna Garden, and some aqua dots.

 [14] Butterfly at the Crossroads in HR Spoonflower Clothespin Dolls, more AB Midwest Mod in pink, glam something-or-another from the Tanya Whelan Dolce line & Crosshatch in Sun by timeless treasures. Love those dapper looking little guys!

[16] Calico Puzzle in HR Spoonflower (I broke out all the special Spoonflower collections today!) crickets with Metro Living Rings in Green and more Dolce.

Oh, and I totally was a "push all seams to one side" girl before this QAL, but now I am converted:


And one last look at this week's six:

Comments

  1. I love how you fussy cut pieces, great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your fabric choices and all these cute characters! Great job on the blocks - I am at 10 blocks, so that puts me in week 5...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute fabrics. You are really making use of the Heather Ross fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts