FWQAL Week 6

Still moving along with the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long.  Surprising myself with the ability to stick to the project.  I guess that's the great thing about a sampler quilt: I could never make enough of one of these blocks for a whole quilt but knowing you are doing something different each time, and knowing you only have to do it once, is appealing to me.


Up first is [23] Country Farm.  This one was pretty easy to put together, so I skipped 22 for a moment and whipped this out pretty quickly.  I used some Heather Ross doggies, Amy Butler orange & duck egg, those aqua dots and Anna Maria Horner x&o's in ocean.

This next one was tricky.  12 tiny triangles in the green Anna Maria Horner x&o's and 20 in the aqua dots.  A total of 44 pieces in this bad boy!


[22] Corn and Beans.  I really felt like I was cutting triangles for about an hour.  At least I kept my 1/4 inch seams scant enough to end up with the correct 6.5" square at the end and didn't have to use the seam ripper.  I was very careful, not wanting to have to repeat any part of this again!

My friend Jennifer, of Ellison Lane Quilts, was just showcased on Quilt Story with her amazing Dresden quilt!  I've seen and admired this amazing quilt before but looking at it again I realized she has these same aqua dots as the background of each dresden square!  After laying my FWQAL blocks our last week, I had decided to use more of the aqua dots to try to make that fabric a common thread among the crazy colors.  My extra yard of it came in the mail this weekend.  I guess I'm not the first to love this "more interesting than white, but not too crazy" background fabric - it is Happier Dots in Blue by Deanna Rutter, Riley Blake.











Comments

  1. Oh my goodness I love your FWQAL blocks are stunning! I'm so jealous! I'm doing a different sampler and didn't have time to join when the FW started...now I feel too far behind. Might buy the book anyway just cause they're all so dang cute. Great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts