New Dress


Clearly I do not do well with posed pictures.  This was the best of quite a few, unfortunately!  Self timer shots are just not easy, but I wanted to share my newest dress from the Built By Wendy Simplicity 3835.  This pattern has gotten a lot of use for me here, here & here.  Sadly, this is out of print, but I think it can still be found on etsy and ebay.  It's so easy and comes together fast, plus you can switch it up a bit with a different neckline, pockets, tunic, ties on the sleeves, all in the pattern.  I made it from Amy Butler's Trailing Orchid Corduroy in Blue Velvet.  I really need to figure out how to stand when I pose & what to do with my arms.  If anyone know, please share!

 Oh, and I got my hair cut this morning.  Went in for a trim, came out with a 10" ponytail for Locks for Love.  Did not realize quite how long it had gotten.  I guess that happens when you wear a ponytail every day!

Have a great weekend! -Courtney







Comments

  1. great dress! and you look adorable... i totally know what you mean about posing for pics. i was just thinking this morning that i need a model ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your new hair cut and your dress are so pretty Courtney. I am soooo impressed that you can sew clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney....beautiful dress, beautiful sewing room and that quilt that you want to scrap...that is not a good idea...it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts