Happy Camper

Well, it's my first week of Curves Camp and I couldn't be happier!  I think I mentioned how I was planning to just sign up for the most basic level of Curves Class, but was lured in by the sense of community & merit badges for completing projects that the Camp offered.  So far it has been very fun & I am loving getting to know my fellow campers!

Week One is basic curves, so this is something I should be pretty proficient in, but a little more practice can't hurt! topstitching around a curve always takes some patience.  Rachael had us chose from three awesome projects, but I kind of forgot we were supposed to pick just one, and went ahead with the first two:


Baby Bib:  I made mine with some leftover flannel I had bought for some special girls' pajamas last Christmas.  Since I had coordinating stripes, I had to make a matching burp cloth, too.  I changed the directions a little to use terry cloth on the back - I love how absorbent that makes it.  Then I went really crazy & added a onesie.


This set is available in my etsy shop now.


The other project I made was this scalloped bunting.  I'm so excited to finally have something hung on that blank wall in my sewing room!



I can't wait to see what we're making next week!  We'll be getting into more precise curves which should help my curves piecing skills!





Comments

  1. Love your baby set and bunting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for sharing your pretty projects on Flickr. Your fabric choices are so fresh and happy. Cute baby set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts