do. Good Stitches May

Wow, I guess it has been a while since my last post!  Unintentional blog sabbatical.  I have been sewing, just not much exciting or completed.
In our Joy Circle of do. Good Stiches, we are making string blocks for May.


We were supposed to make 2 12.5" squares made up of strips of girly fabric ranging from 1.25-3".  You can see how Rebecca is planning to chop them up and put them back together here.  I think this will be a fun one to see come together!




I ended up making three because I raided my stash of girlie strips and found quite a few.  I hope she can use an extra block for the back or something.  We've had some weird, rainy weather here and the light coming in my kitchen this morning had an odd cast.  Couldn't quite adjust the pictures to show the true colors, although the very first picture is closest.


Also had to share my newest find at Target (if they sold designer fabric there I probably would be happy only shopping there for the rest of my life!).  They have the Shops there now - which are special selections from some of their favorite boutiques around the country.  These placemats came from the Privet House shop in Connecticut.  I am really digging the neutral, textured chevrons.  I could only find four and I have six chairs at my kitchen table.  I am still on the lookout for two more, but I am consoling myself by the fact that six of them would be quite crowded anyway. 

We are quite crazy since Jack joined Swim Team.  Five day a week practices are a bit intense for five year olds, but I am so glad he is enjoying it and at least Will and I can swim while he is practicing!  I love the start of pool season!  Nothing quite tires out my boys like the water and everyone seems to sleep better and be a little happier.

Hope you are having a nice week! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks! I also like your placemats! I will keep an eye out the next time I go to Target to see if they have the remaining 2 you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, nice blocks! I can definitely use an extra :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts