Zakka and GIngerbread

I am so excited to have a quilt top to show you today.  I was doing this as part of the Zakka Style Sew Along, but I am a few weeks early.  Although probably right on time by the time I get it backed, quilted & bound.  Plus I am planning to make two for my two pregnant friends.


This was a nice, quick quilt top to make.  I will definitely be using this pattern more than twice.


I used two purpley-pink prints from Sarah Jane's Children at Play, the pink with white squares is from Aneela Hoey's Sherbet Pips, the sweet birds from Park Slope by Erin McMorris, the hot pink & white octagon from Tanya Whelan's Dolce, and Amy Butler's Moon Dots in orange.  The background is Kona Ash.


Now, on to the Gingerbread part of the post:  Will's favorite books are the various Gingerbread stories by Jan Brett.  He has been enthralled with them for a while,  Yesterday he asked to make gingerbread men, and since I am trying to say "yes" to my boys a little more I did.  They had fun making the batter, not so much fun waiting for it to chill in the fridge, more fun cutting them out, tons of fun decorating and the most fun eating them!


I found this recipe online and it did not disappoint.  I was drawn to this one because of the added citrus zest and juice in the dough and icing.  You know, just in case you usually make Gingerbread Men in May!


 Finally, the hydrangeas in my yard are starting their show!  These are my favorite flowers of all time.  Maybe I've said that before.  They are my favorite spring garden flower!

Hope you are having a lovely week.  Please check in tomorrow to see who won my giveaway for the Covert Robin Swap!


the covert robin button

Comments

Popular Posts