duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh
I had pretty specific instructions. He needed a batman cape with bat ears. I was going to trace a hood from a jacket and go from there, but then I thought of those Cozy Hoods in Little Things to Sew. My original plan was to make it unlined, you know, since it is a dress up thing and all. After I made the outside I decided it might actually be easier to line the hood than to try to finish the edges of the unlined hood. I had some gray jersey that was scrap from some tees I made that ended up being great.
I did not actually read the directions to sew this hood, since I was improvising. I actually didn't even bother to cut out the lining pieces from the pattern - I just used the same ones I did for the outer pieces. Seemed to work fine, but it probably works even better the way it is written - Oliver + S patters/Liesl Gibson are my very favorite patterns ever.
I even had some black bias tape to use for the ties. I got to use my narrow rolled hem foot for my machine on the cape - so awesome - wouldn't have attempted without it.
I have one satisfied customer!!!