Big Day!


Today is a very big day!  At noon you can register for Sew South!  Since registration is limited to 50 people, I suggest you set an alarm for 11:55 and start stalking the site.  I actually talked Andrew into a ticket for my birthday (in April) as I will most likely be celebrating my actual birthday in the hospital having a baby!  I am so excited!


Sew South is a modern sewing retreat where you will sew, create, learn, play and connect with other modern sewists and bloggers. 

Sew South is a boutique retreat, big on substance and style but small in size for a wonderful, personal experience. 

It's a place to be inspired, relax and learn something new. Come spend a weekend sewing, laughing, and creating. A spring weekend in the South sewing with friends, taking time for yourself, finding your inspiration- that's the Sew South Retreat.

What's included?
  • 4 Make & Take workshops including quilting and paper piecing, bag making and garment sewing taught by experienced sewists and bloggers
  • plenty of open sewing time
  • a fabric field trip to The Little General in Winston Salem, NC
  • a cocktail reception
  • breakfasts, lunches and snacks during the retreat
  • fabric and goodie swaps
  • opportunities to connect with other modern sewists and bloggers
  • a swanky swag bag
Sew South is March 21-24, 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina
Come be a part of our inaugural year! I hope you'll join us! 

Tickets  are $275 and go on sale on Wednesday, October 24 at noon, EST. 
This retreat is limited to 50 people so don't miss out!


And I have made some headway on that dreadful list.  The Ninjago halloween costumes are nearly finished (just some freezer paper stencil logos to do), all the swaps and bee blocks are finished and here is the first (possibly only, we'll see) block for Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild tomorrow night.

CMQG  October Block

Each month we make a block, or two, they are displayed on a big design wall at our meeting and someone goes home with all of them for an almost-instant quilt top! This month we used this tutorial from House of a La Mode.

Come check us out, all the details about the Thursday meeting are on the blog.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts