Patchwork 241 Tote

Sew Sew Modern Tote

This patchwork tote is for the Sew Sew Modern swap, I sure hope my partner likes it!  I used the 241 tote pattern from Anna of Noodlehead.  As I mentioned before, it is completely inspired by the amazing pillow Jolene made.  I know she has instructions for this in a fat quarterly emag that I actually have, but I just decided to wing it.


I used a few different neutral shades of essex linen and various text fabrics for the patchwork.  Most of the colorful fabrics are from Anna Maria Horner, everything from Good Folks to Field Study.  I decided to put the prints on the outside of the back and the solid linens as the lining.  The patchwork just didn't show up too well against more linen.

Patchwork 241 Back

Anna included some ideas for slash pockets and interior pockets, but I actually didn't use those this time.  I added a zippered pocket inside using my tutorial here.  I think that fills my partner's wishes better.


As with all of Anna's patterns that I've tried I absolutely loved making this and the finished product.  It is definitely not going to be my last 241 tote!

Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! You have a very lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! And I like this color scheme you are using of late (also on that Bom!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXTRA LOVELY!! Spot on with the patching and colors you chose!!
    LOVE IT!!

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Courtney, I absolutely love this tote - the colors, the patchwork, delish! Sorry to correct you tho - the past tense of "wing" is "wung." :) just kiddin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney, this is gorgeous! So perfect for spring, and I love those low volume fabrics -- especially the text ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! Your version of 241 is stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I bought this pattern not too long ago and was thinking how nice this tote would look with patchwork. Yours is so lovely. Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your version of this tote.
    Did you quilt the front panel? or just interface it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts