Quiltcon: Day Three

I am on my way out of town. It was a great trip with amazing people, quilts and food. I know that posting from my phone is resulting in some low res pictures and no links, so I hope to correct them soon.



Today I took a morning workshop on textile printing from Lotta Jansdotter. I was fortunate enough to travel to her home country of Sweden when I was in college and I just love everything about the Swedes. Her style and design work are so appealing to me.



First we made blocks from speedycut to do block printing with paint and a brayer. Then we cut stencils from acetate with an exacto knife to use on top of her own fabrics. It was a very fun, hands on workshop!



Andrew, the great travel food planner, had found a quick lunch spot for our last meal in Austin. The Easy Tiger makes all of their own breads, cheeses and cures their meats there. Yummy. I could eat these pretzels dipped in lager cheddar every day! Plus, I loved watching the ping pong games and other activities going on outside on their extensive patio.

Austin and Quiltcon, you did not disappoint! I sure hope to make it back in a few years!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Lady Bird Lake Trail,Austin,United States

Comments

  1. Nice to be able to travel with a buddy ; ) I love Lotta's fabrics too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts