Wonky Triangles

Last week I tested a new paper pieced pattern for Nancy at Owens Olivia.  It looked so awesome, I just couldn't resist!

Pattern testing for @owensolivia - my mind is turning, so many ideas for these awesome strips!

I made my strip of triangles with no plan for what to make them into.  I used the black text from the Architextures line and a lot of scraps (most of which were on the floor in my sewing room).  Guys, this is a great scrap buster!  Especially for those little bitty pieces that are never big enough for anything.

After I had my long triangle strip I thought about a zippy pouch or a series of nested baskets with these strips in the middle and then it occurred to me how awesome it was as a border.  So I started a new quilt, one that has been in my head for forever (just not with this border) - economy squares with Heather Ross middles.

WOnky Triangles

I thought it looked great, so I became slightly obsessed with making more squares for a day or two.

Squares + Wonky Triangles

And ended up with 12 before I just had to get back to some more pressing things (like feeding my children- you know they want to be fed at least three times, every day, jeez).

Economy Squares

The squares are from Rita's free Craftsy Pattern here and the Wonky Triangles from Owens Olivia are the best $1.99 you'll ever spend, promise! Plus you get THREE! sizes.  I used the smaller here. You can get them here on Craftsy or here on Etsy. And be sure to check out the Owens Olivia blog as Nancy has and will continue to share some great ways to use this pattern!  Plus there are tons of give aways going on!

Happy Thursday, woohoo almost the weekend! xo,  Courtney

Comments

  1. Thank you Courtney! You have been a great help! The quilt is going to look so good! I love how bright and cheery it is. There are actually THREE different sizes included in the pattern, and I have a fun giveaway going on right now for fabric and patterns. 20 winners!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE it! And Nancy's pattern IS fabulous. I picked it up yesterday. Now I want to use it for a border too and be just like you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such fun bright and cheerful squares and that border is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts