Weekly Journal #5



What I'm reading: Harry Potter, out loud, to the boys, during homeschool.  Ah, bliss.  Is it possible that this series is even better than I remember? Seriously, all I want to do is sit on the couch all day and keep reading it to the boys.  My husband read the entire series aloud to the older boys a few years ago and they each read it on their own at least once, but it's new to my youngest.

If you aren't convinced that you should still be reading out loud to your pre-teens, check out this.

What I'm cooking: Chicken Pot Pie.  I've been waiting for cooler temps to make everyone's favorite comfort dish.  My very favorite recipe comes from this book.  I love it because it uses a whole chicken and makes more chicken stock than you need.  Also, there's just something about a slow day spent in the kitchen, occasionally glancing at the football game on TV and even sneaking in a chapter here and there while you wait for it to come to a boil. Not for a weekday, but a very special dinner that is sure to have all of your family raving.  This recipe is good, too, although I do much prefer the biscuit topping from the book above.

Bookish things I'm dying to purchase: How cute is this? Anthro gets me every time.

Can you help me find this? I got an IG ad for this crazy genius bookshelf/nightlight.  It's really the perfect solution to the havoc on the nightstand in my three boys' room, except I can't find it now!  It kind of uses this idea, but it held about 4-5 books open in a vertical stack that could sit on a night stand with a light in each layer.  Please tell me the name if you get the pop up ad too!


Comments

Popular Posts