LOVE Pillow

Hi, there! This is my first official blog post.  I plan to have posts a few times a week with updates on whatever crafty projects I have going on and a few tutorials for fun stuff you can make with me. Tune in next week where I will be sharing some fun Valentine craft projects!



This week I've been following Stitched in Color's make with me {Love Pillow}
I have selected the same fabric Rachel did, but in a different colorway.  I used Anna Maria Horner's Woodcut in Perfect from the Innocent Crush line.  I am using some essex linen/cotton for the patch and more AMH for the letters:  voile Maybe in Sixpence.

A couple things I did a little differently from Rachel so I don't have an exact copy (although hers is really pretty!).  I was trying to decide how to put a unique spin on my letters when I thought of the LOVE statue in front of MOMA in NYC, or the postage stamps, or the painting (not sure what came first!).  So I printed out a copy, ironed some heat n' bond onto the back of my voile, drew the letters on free hand, peeled the backing off, cut the letters out and ironed them on the linen patch.  I have not stitched them down & I'm not sure I am going to.  I copied the example and did embroidery for the O.  I used a chain stitch in pink & then a simple running stitch in gray (each with 3 strands or DMC embroidery floss).  I still need to trim the patch with my pinking shears and put it all together.

I'm looking forward to finishing it soon and showing you the completed pillow.  Although I should be working on party favors & banners for my two little boys' birthday parties (more tutorials on those, later!)...

Comments

  1. Love the LOVE...congrats on your first post! Can't wait to see more of what's to come:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts