One Hour Skirt for Date Night

So, I think with my serger, this actually took less than an hour. The longest portion was feeding the elastic into the waistband casing.  I got the tutorial here.  I made this one in Anna Maria Horner velveteen - Maybe in Memory from the Innocent Crush line.  I had to have one as soon as I saw this skirt.  And I actually bought that Bubble Burst in Sparkle fabric she used, so that might be next, or an AMH voile version for the warmer weather...


I love how comfy this skirt is, love the velveteen, but not so sure how flattering it is.  The instructions for the skirt suggested using 1.5x waist measurement for the width of the fabric & I just used the whole width of fabric which was a little bit more.  The velveteen is so bulky, I think I should have trimmed a few inches off the width.  Oh, well - I'll just have to try again!


Comments

Popular Posts