Mango Smoothie


Ah, spring!  Warm weather puts me in the mood for frozen drinks.  Except with the kids, I can't really enjoy a fresh fruit margarita (like I had at Taco boy in Charleston) quite as often as I'd like!

This recipe is my personal favorite, it's low in calories, tastes as good as dessert and even has a serving of veggies with all the fruit.

Ingredients (for one large smoothie):
1/4 - 1/2 Cup of nonfat yogurt
8 oz. V8 fusion light Peach Mango (includes your veggie serving!)
1 cup frozen mango chunks (cheapest & best at Trader Joe's)
1/2 banana


Directions:
Dump everything in the blender and press the ice crush button until smooth.  Easy peasy!


Here are some other smoothies that contain veggies - I usually have at least one of the three every day!  You might as well have a veggie in there, always good to get an extra serving.

Cucumber Blueberry Smoothie - so refreshing!

Green Machine Smoothie - you'll never guess it has spinach in it, so good!


So, I know I've been MIA for nearly a week, but the boys and I went to Wild Dunes to visit my parents for their week at the beach.  Here they are in Charleston's Taco Boy.  The new location of the great Folly Beach restaurant.  We love the fresh mex (and fresh fruit margaritas) and the decor and festive dining outside!


And it is really starting to look like spring back home in Charlotte:


 Lots of little sprouts in my raised bed.  I think they are bush beans or peas, Will messed up my markers!



I have a bunch of etsy orders to get out, holding me back from fun sewing, but I'll try to be back with some fun projects soon!

Comments

Popular Posts