My Favorite Pattern

So I have been wanting to share this pattern with you for a long time, but it always seems like I am halfway through the process of completing another dress, tunic or shirt from the pattern and I wait to show you more examples.

I can stand the suspense no longer, it is the Built By Wendy Simplicity Pattern 3835. I bought this pattern last summer and immediately made a top and a dress.  This year I made another dress and a tunic and have yet another dress on the cutting table right now.  I'd say I got my $8.95 out of that pattern!

I have no photographs of any of the items save the most recent completed dress, in Anna Maria Horner's Lovesme Lovesmenot in Grape.

Here it is hanging up:



And here I am wearing it, on our way out to dinner.  I had wanted to add darts in the back to make it a little less straight, but I never got around to it, so I thought the belt kind of did the same thing with less work.  Except the belt placement is tricky - too much fabric above it on this picture, I should have checked a mirror.  Modeling is not my thing. Clearly.


Anyway, I like how there are three options for length, from top to tunic to dress AND three options for sleeves, straight like this, little puffs and the ones I have yet to try with little ties at the ends.  I'll get some more pictures of the other items I've sewn with this pattern.  It's a super easy pattern, a great dress for a newbie to try and you'll quickly become addicted!

Comments

  1. It looks great on you! I can never figure out how to wear a belt over a dress. You've done it well. And, as always, everything is great in AMH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts