June Bee Blocks

Some of you might know that I participate in a bee block through flickr called do.  Good Stitches.  Each month a host quilter for each circle tasks the stitchers with making two blocks.  Then the quilter assembles the blocks and puts together a quilt to gift to someone in need.

This month the Joy circle is making slanted diamond blocks.  We are using the tutorial here, but doing them in summer brights.  Hope I got the colors right!

I used some Anna Maria Horner (the orange from Innocent Crush & the green from Garden Party), Amy Butler (Love dots), Joel Dewberry (light pink & dark pink from Modern Meadow) and Paula Prass (yellow dots).


These were fun to make!  I had not seen this arrangement of half square triangles before and I really like it.  This is the inspiration photo (here's the link):

Comments

Popular Posts