The Process


My sewing space is a mess right now.  But, it's kind of a pretty mess.  All my favorite fabrics strewn about.

I decided to finally cut into some of my Heather Ross Far, Far Away fabrics I've been hoarding.  After I saw volume III of FFA I decided to stop waiting for future lines and just make a quilt with the first two lines, which are my favorites.  I am going with charm squares, but some pieces will be the size of 2 or 3 squares to allow for towers and beds stacked high with mattresses.  The top portion of the above photo is pieced and below it are the additional fabrics I am auditioning.






This is going to be the blue, gray & orange quilt.  I couldn't quite mix them together, although I know other people have.  I might make a third quilt that is just a crazy mix.  This one is probably going to be charm squares, too.  Or I might frame the blocks, not sure yet.  But this one is on the way back burner.  After all, there are more pressing things:





Three out of twelve ain't bad, but it's not so good. I'm going to buckle down and get it finished next week.  That's the plan.  We'll see if it happens.

Comments

Popular Posts