Little Apples Table Runner


Last night I had a "bonus sewing night."  This is how I refer to evenings when Andrew has to work unexpectedly.  Looking on the bright side, right?


Did I chose to spend my bonus night sewing the multitude of half finished projects around the room?  No!  That would be a bad use of a bonus sewing night!  Naturally, I chose a new project and worked like the dickens to finish it in one evening.


I had a charm pack of Little Apples (only used 12 of the 40+ 5" squares), and about 1/2 a yard of Alexander Henry Heath in gray.  And some Kona Olive.  When I sewed some scraps of batting together using a zig zag stitch so there are no lumpy parts, I had everything I needed to make a table runner.


Basically, I made three four square blocks and sashed them with 2.5" strips of the Heath. I did straight line quilting in a diamond pattern.  I used Rachel's method for doing the binding by machine with a zig zag stitch.  Then I  got in bed with some turquoise perl cotton and hand stitched around each block.


Oh, and something amazing came in the mail Saturday:


I know, I say that as if I had not placed the order.


I needed some more business cards and tried moo cards this time around.  These little guys are half the size of a standard business card and are called MiniCards.  The quality is great and you can chose up to 100 images straight from etsy (or upload them)!  I had as much fun going through all the etsy sales and reminiscing about old projects as I did getting the package!

Comments

Popular Posts