What's For Dinner


 You really must make this while you can still get good tomatoes, watermelon & basil.  My mom actually came up with the recipe for the dressing.  We had both had watermelon, feta & tomato salads in the past, but she went out to the Ritz one night and had it with a lime dressing.  It was superb.  Her recreation is too.

For the salad, use arugula, diced watermelon and cherry tomatoes.  Sprinkle with feta and fresh mint and basil leaves.  I don't know how much.  You can wing it and I'm sure it will be fine.  I'm not good at measuring leafy things.

For the dressing, mix 1/2 C of canola oil, 1/4 C of rice vinegar, the juice of two limes, 1 minced clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of sugar and a little salt & pepper.  Unless you have a crowd, you'll probably have some left.  Which is good because it keeps a couple days and you are going to want to have this salad again tomorrow!

Easy main course inspiration came from here.  I changed it to use pre-packaged crepes (I'm sure homemade are better, but sometimes you just can't put that much effort in).  I layered ham, swiss, 1 egg and some cut up raw asparagus.  I made the folds as indicated using egg whites as glue.  I added some salt & pepper and baked at 350 for 12 minutes.  Perfect!  Except, we had a hard time getting them off the cookie sheet.  Use some Pam.


Plus, I left the asparagus out and subbed american cheese for swiss and my kids loved it!  New weekday favorite.  It took almost no prep time!

Comments

Popular Posts