Weekend Dilemma

I have found a few minutes here and there to work on my Patchwork Prism Quilt over the last few days.  I have completed the aqua/turquoise hex ring and am now deciding if I want to do another ring in blues.

sick of these pictures yet?  I hope not!
The task seems so daunting.  At some point today I counted how many triangles it would take and I think it was 64, but I forgot to write it down!  I was afraid I may not have enough blues to make a ring this size, but after this pile accumulated, I think I'll manage (although there will be more repeats than the other rows)!  In retrospect green was the hardest ring to complete, and I always thought I had lots of green fabrics, but I guess I use them up fast.


However this stack of blues is so tempting and so is the thought of having a luxuriously big hexagon quilt!  So I'm thinking I might go ahead with it.  We'll see how adventurous I am tomorrow when I start cutting triangles. 






In other news, I finally had a moment to think about my quilt for the Handstitched Camp Modern Medallion Quilt and pulled these fabrics for it.  It starts tomorrow, so it is about time I got this figured out!

I hope your Memorial Day Weekend is full of family, friends, happiness and maybe a little creativity!  Thank you to all who serve or have served in our military, you are the real heroes.  And thank you to all the military spouses who fill their roles with a grace I couldn't fathom.  I have to give a little shout-out to my paternal grandfather, Wild Bill, who served with the US Marine Corps during WWII in the Pacific Theater.  I'll think of him tomorrow and play the Marines' Hymn - he always loved for me to play that for him (and Andrew's grandparents just gave us their piano when they moved).  Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

  1. As I look at your beautiful prism, I can't help but think of a kaleidoscope, which I absolutely love. If you decide not to do another ring, maybe you could use the blues in the "corners" where the negative space will be if you square the quilt. It would give the idea of that next color to appear as the pieces move on the mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you picked for the handstitched class! Those solids are just gorgeous! I can't wait to get going on it, I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prism is a-mazing!!!! And I am so glad that we are going to "camp" together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts