Japanese Colorbricks

I finished a quilt top today.  The bulk of the work was completed during our Sew In Day for Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild this Saturday.  It was my first Sew In and it was as wonderful as expected.  Four hours to sew, look at what other people are sewing and talk about sewing. Amazing!

This quilt has been a long time coming.  I've had the bricks cut out for the whole summer.  The pattern is from Rachel's Colorbricks Quilt Along.  I love how the big bricks showcase the fabric.  This is definitely fabric that needed to be shown off.  My friend Rebecca collected all of these cool handkerchiefs during the year she spent teaching in Japan.  I used Kona Ash for the sashing/mortar.

Japanese colorbricks

It was a little scary cutting into something so precious and so irreplaceable.  But an honor to get to do so!

colorbricks

Now I just need to baste, quilt and bind this baby before she gets to town for Thanksgiving!

When I do, I will share some more detailed photos of the fabrics.  There are some really amazing prints in there!



Comments

  1. It is beautiful. You are inspiring me to do something with all of the hankerchiefs, fabric and bandanas that I was given on exchange in Japan now! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts