Advent Calendar (just a tad late)

Well, I actually had this up and ready on December 3, but it took me a while to get pictures and get it truly presentable (if you can call it that).


I used these burlap bags, a number/letter stencil set from Martha Stewart Crafts at Michaels, some white fabric paint, a length of ribbon, a pair of eye hooks and 24 clothespins.


This is our mud room, or that back entry area of the house that is the unloading zone for the kids.  It is almost always filled with piles of sand and the day's art projects.  It is nice to have something pretty in here for a change! 

I love to decorate with fresh greenery - it's free and you don't have to store it!  I always rinse it well and leave it in the garage over night to make sure I don't bring in any uninvited guests.


Although, my vision of the space really includes my Winterwoods Sampler.  Alas, the crazy sickies we have had this week has brought my progress to an abrupt halt.


This is a particularly dark spot of our house between the door to the garage, laundry and stairwell, so my picture taking skills are certainly not up to the challenge!


Oh, and what is in those bags you might ask?  Some days it is candy or small toys, but tomorrow it is a bag of popcorn for a family holiday movie night and on Saturday it is a trip to Target to buy for our adopted Christmas Child.  We are slowly getting into the season!

xo, Courtney

Comments

  1. Love the bags for advents... and love the variety of surprises you've filled them with! And thanks for the black font, easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite Advent Calendar ever! What fun for your kids!

    Merry Christmas!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to do this - my three year old came down the stairs the morning after we put up the tree and asked "What did Santa bring us?" she has no concept of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your advent calendar. i've intended to make one for two years now, but we are sadly still without :( maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts