February BOM

I know it is only February, but I am so glad I am actually keeping up with my two block of the month clubs!

This is the February block for the Lucky Stars BOM from Don't Call Me Betsy.   After After last month's unconventional fabric selection, I had no idea what to do with this one.  I finally decided not to make a quilt but just to make something each month.  Since we get the patterns in both 12 and 6" block sizes, this is especially cool for the BOM.  Last month I made a journal cover from the 6" block and will have to find something to use the larger block for. 


I decided I will turn this block into a pillow.  I added a mitred corner border to make it a little bigger, but still might need another one.  I love all the cheery polka dots and spring-y colors!  



Our Sugar Block for February is also a paper pieced block.  These blocks will eventually be a quilt for our screened porch.  I am sticking with the aqua, olive and coral color scheme.


In other news, I got the most amazing package in the mail yesterday.  A fabric bunting and sachet trio in my favorite Heather Ross Mendocino fabric from the Newtown Auction on facebook.  I knew I bid on it, but was pretty sure I got beat out and was pretty sure I hadn't been invoiced for it, so I contacted Rachael, once I realized she was the winning bidder.  I was so confused that something got messed up, or I missed an invoice!  No, nothing like that, just an early baby pressie from sweet Rachael!  Aren't quilty/bloggy friends the most generous, amazing people?!?!?  Thank you, Rachael!!! 

 

Comments

Popular Posts