Grapefruit Dressing


It's been a while since I've posted a recipe here, but inspiration struck tonight.  I think it was the glorious spring day we enjoyed here in Charlotte.  It just makes me want to eat something light for dinner, so I put together a fast and delicious salad.

Mixed greens, sectioned grapefruit, avocado, toasted almonds and shrimp sauteed in a little olive oil with salt & pepper.  The best part was the dressing.  I made it by juicing one half of a grapefruit (in an old school citrus juicer) and mixing in 1/4 C almond oil, 1 tsp or 2 of agave syrup and a dash of salt and pepper.  Easy peasy, grapefruit squeezy.

I enjoyed it immensely and now I am really looking forward to having my favorite summer salad, Watermelon, Tomato and Feta with Lime Vinaigrette, as soon as we start to get some good tomatoes from the farmer's market.

Speaking of, I started my garden today.  My tomato seedlings enjoyed some time outside in preparation for their transition and I started everything else from seed today.  Technically our last frost is April 15, but the forecast looks promising, finally.  I planted bush beans, pole beans, cucumber, eggplant, swiss chard, zucchini, melons and carrots.  This year I did something different and researched companion plantings, which also led me to adding a little scattering of nasturtium and marigold seeds.  Once they start to come up, I'll give you all the details.  I love the promise of planting seeds!

Came home to all of my tulips out!  I love spring

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts