Cherry Coconut Granola {Gluten-free}


  Years ago, I published my favorite recipe for granola, but lately I've made some changes and I thought you might like to try the new, improved version!  It makes a wonderful hostess or holiday neighbor present wrapped up in a pretty jar.

Here's what you need:
1/2 Cup slivered almonds
1/2 Cup walnut pieces
3 C oatmeal (gluten-free, if you want the granola to be gluten free)
3T Coconut Oil
1/2 C honey
1/4 C unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 C sunflower seeds
1/4 C ground flax seed
2t cinnamon
1/2t salt
2/3 C dried tart cherries

Set oven to 325.

Heat a large frying pan over Medium/High heat and add the almonds and walnuts.  Toast until fragrant and add the coconut oil and oats.  Continue cooking about 3-5 minutes until the oats are toasted.  Turn off the heat and add all the remaining ingredients except the cherries.  Mix well and spread on a jelly roll pan (I like to line with non-stick aluminum foil).  Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.  Then add cherries, stir well and let it cool before putting in jars or airtight containers.

Serve over yogurt with berries for a delightful breakfast or lunch!



Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts