Weekly Journal #6



What I'm laughing about:  This fun list of what you hope your child will buy at the book fair vs. what they're actually coming home with. I'm just surprised the Guiness Book of World Records didn't make the list.

What I'm considering:  Printing out this book journal to see if it inspires me to keep track of what I'm reading and how I feel about it.

What I'm reading:  The New York Times/New York Library's best illustrated children's books. It's no secret I'm a big fan of picture books.  In the photo above you can see how in 2018 I made it a goal to read a book aloud each school day to my children, and I can't even tell you how it enriched our lives.  Since picture books are meant to be read by adults, the vocabulary is not limited like it is in early reader books and often the pictures add as much to the story as the text. This list awards the books purely on the illustrations, and I'm loading up my library holds list!

What I'm cooking: Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli! I'm hoping that my kids will love this as much as I'm sure I will.  And, also, how did I not know that Skinnytaste, one of my favorite cookbooks, has an amazing menu plan each week with lunches and breakfasts?  This is going to change the game for me.

What's inspiring me: Memo!  I love this great story contained in just over three minutes of film.  "It surprised me too."


Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts