Weekend Journal: Indoor Gardening


Happy Weekend!  I am looking forward to another low key weekend at home before the soccer season starts for my kids.  

What I'm excited about:  Seeds!  I have a small seed sprouting workshop set up in the sunny windows in the kitchen and I ramped it up considerably from last year by adding in a very inexpensive heat mat and a grow light.  I am hoping my new tools will improve the sad seedlings I usually have, leggy from trying desperately to reach more light.  I rotate my three trays of seeds diligently around the sunlight and my new gadgets. The end goal is to really minimize my spring plant shopping! I'm growing some veggies, flowers and herbs, which I've agonized over selecting from the Baker Creek Whole Seed catalog. 

What I'm listening to: The Office Ladies.  Did you know Jenna Fischer (Pam) and Angela Kinsey (Angela) have a podcast that breaks down every episode of the show?  It's really fun to hear what was ad-libbed and which writer came up with great lines and what was going on behind the scenes.

What I've been baking: For our Poetry Teatime on Friday, I made two family favorites: WHO Bread (with some fresh whipped honey butter) and Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies, which are, and I've tried numerous recipes, easily the best chocolate chip cookie recipe known to man.


Comments

Popular Posts