Sunset Quilt

Finally turned this pile of fabrics, that has been in my stash well over a year, into a quilt. I just adore Anna Maria Horner's fabrics, and the Folksy Flannels collection is no exception.






Since I was working on my fall patchwork quilt I was kind of looking for something other than squares.  But not something too different!  Rectangles.  It took me some playing around but I finally decided I liked this layout best.  It measures just over 40" x 50".





I quilted it by doing straight lines 1/4" from the seams.

On the back, I did another row of rectangles, surrounded by some of the Fortune print. 


Folded, snuggly goodness.


Oh, and the binding?  I was a little worried about it, so when I went to my local quilt store to batting I asked them about using flannel to bind with and was assured it would work.  I had seen Rachel's genius post, On Binding, about zig zag stitching the binding on and had to try it.  I love the way it looks with the variegated pink thread.  Thanks, Rachel!


I really want to keep this, but it doesn't go with anything in my house and I already am making two quilts for myself, so I had to list it in the shop.

I also finished a fun little Keyka Lou pattern for the basic wallet which I also listed, here.  Sometimes you need a little project that can be completed in one sitting instead of going on for months!  I'm going to try to make a few more.


Oh, and screened porch progress today was huge!  Had to share.  They said it would be finished this week and next week would just be inspections, painting, etc.


Now, hoping to catch up on the Across the Sea Quilt-a-long!  Yes, this is as far as I have gotten.

Comments

  1. LOVE the flannel quilt. Your layout is so pretty and the colors are scrumptious. Looks so cozy.
    I bet your screened porch will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts