KCWC - Day 4,5,6


Yes, that's right, Kids Clothing Week Challenge Day 4, 5, 6 and a summary all in one post.  Clearly lost some steam after the beginning of the week.  I usually sew a lot Mon-Wed and then by Thursday I am ready to veg out a little and watch tv in the evening with Andrew.  I try to sew during naptime, but the boys hardly ever take a nap anymore, so these pants took me three not-so-quiet times to sew.  I also was a little lenient on other household duties this week.


It should have been a quick project.  I just modified the Oliver + S Sandbox Pants pattern to include slant pockets.  I already had the bias tape made from these jammies (love the random goldfish that got in the photo).


I liked how the pirate fabric went with the camel corduroy an added some back pockets and trimmed and cuffs.


So the above is three days of sewing and below is three nights of sewing:


Ha!  Maybe for KCWC Spring 2012 I will take it easy and just do an hour each day instead of a massive amount at the start and then taper off like crazy.  It's my first KCWC, I guess there is a learning curve!   But, it was great.  I'm glad I got so many projects finished that I never seem to get around to.  I'm so glad I participated!

I'll leave you with some pretty dinner-plate dahlias that are blooming like crazy in my yard right now.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. Those Dahlias are stunning Courtney, as is all the sewing...well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts