do. Good Stitches Bee

So late last year I discovered the do. Good Stitches bee group on flickr.  I thought is sounded like such a good way to help people in need.  Each month members send in two blocks to the quilter hosting that month.  In January, a new group formed and I got a spot in the Joy circle.  We started off making rainbow blocks.  These were my contributions:



 I wasn't sure how well I liked them, but, of course, I loved the idea of all these women who don't even know each other helping out a person in need of a little TLC.  The resulting quilt, assembled by Jolene of Blue Elephant Stitches is amazing!!!


I love the back, too!


Last month, we were asked to make Wonky Starburst blocks, which I blogged about here.

For March, we are making Charming Stars from this tutorial on Moda Bakeshop.  Here are my contributions. 



It was a really fun block to make, my favorite so far!  Maybe I need to do a whole quilt of similar blocks?  Each block is 5" so it's a nice way to use a charm square pack. In any case,  I can't wait to see what the quilt looks like.

I'll leave you with some signs of spring in my yard:



Comments

Popular Posts