A Start...

So I bought a solid green quilt for my son Will's big boy bed.  I guess that double size quilt seemed a little daunting.  However, I am making him a throw sized quilt for the foot of the bed or to put over his rocker.  (ignore the wet spot in the middle, it's dry now)


I knew I wanted to use the Riley Blake Wheels line of fabrics, like I used for his bathroom here and here.  (Good thing I still like them, as I must have bought about 33 yards of this fabric!).  I just couldn't decide on a layout.  Then I remembered this squares I made for the do.  Good Stitches bee.





The tutorial is on Moda Bake Shop here called a Charming Squares quilt.  I changed it up by making each block a 6" square, thinking it would mean less squares (they are a whopping 17" when all 9 are sewn together).  I used the brown cheery dots print for the squares because I had about 4 yards of it to be the backing, until I bought a few yards of moda snuggles in brown to back it with.  I kind of like the brown for this color  combination.  I'm skipping all the sashing on the tutorial - just blocks.

Comments

  1. That's going to such a cute boy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those. I am going to check out that tut. Can't wait to see your quilt. The brown looks great in the middle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts