Another Needle Book

After the mysterious disappearance of this needle book, I finally made another.  Having not set eyes upon it for almost a year I guess it is not going to turn up.  I based this one upon the Sew She Sews tutorial, only I did it entirely from memory, so it is a bit different in size, construction and closure.


I made the book of Essex Linen with a hexagon made from english paper pieced 1" hexies in rainbow colors.  I bound it in Kona Cerise because I had some left from my Leaves Mat project and I used orange grosgrain because I was digging how it looked with the Cerise. 


On the back I added some hand stitched rows in the rainbow colors.


The inside is a crazy bird print from Alexander Henry in a decor weight, maybe Lark?


I made it purposely to match my rainbow curves zip pouch.  Now I am really professional looking when I go somewhere with my hand sewing.





Comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts